We understand what a difficult time it is when a friend or relative dies while traveling, living, or working abroad. With our expertise in the field Shanti Funeral Services can ensure a swift, personal repatriation service which would allow the grieving process to continue without further undue stress. Shanti Funeral Services are able to aid when death occurs in the UK and you wish for the deceased to be transported to country of origin, or whether death occurs abroad and you wish to bring the deceased home to the UK.
Repatriation from the UK
Some of the key aspects of the service we provide for our international repatriation clients:
- We offer a full repatriation service to any country across the globe
- We arrange transfer of the deceased from any hospital or mortuary, arrange all relevant permits and documents, supply a coffin or casket suitable for transportation by air, and arrange the transfer of the deceased to the airport
- We arrange flights for the transportation of the deceased from the United Kingdom to the desired country
- We offer a 24-hour telephone advisory service for those requiring further information +44 (0) 208 427 8778
- We liaise with the appointed funeral director in the destination country in order to assure a smooth transfer of care of the deceased.
Repatriation into the UK
A Shanti Funeral Services funeral arranger will liaise with the appointed funeral director in the country of the location of the deceased in order to efficiently facilitate the transfer of care of the deceased once the deceased has entered the UK.
Steps that you can take:
- If the deceased had travel insurance contact the insurance company informing them of the death.
- For further help or guidance, contact the UK embassy in the country in which the deceased is located, they will guide you with the next steps.